Re: SSL Certificate causes Internet Exporer error

From: John Lau (
Date: 02/11/03

From: "John Lau" <>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:20:36 -0800

Hello Hannes,

Thank you for your interesting comments. I will have to test disabling
SmartNav on my secure server at a convenient time. Based on your comments,
I did find Microsoft Article Q318320, which talks about SmartNav and SSL.
The article does not talk about crashing Internet Explorer, but it does seem
related to my problem, and yours as well since they seem very similar. It
also talks about a fix for the problem, but you have to ask for it directly
from Microsoft. The fix is not downloadable. This tells me that you need
to thoroughly test the fix before putting it in production. Unfortunately,
I do not have the luxury of installing a pre-release fix.

In my situation, all of my users use IE6. I will test with other browsers,
but I do not have the luxury of asking my users to use another browser.

I would be interested if you do install the fix and if it helps your

Best Regards,