What will happend if cookie is disable?

From: xmen (scht80@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/10/03

From: "xmen" <scht80@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 19:16:45 -0800

Hiye, I'm currently experimenting on Role based security.
I plan to store all my user roles in a cookie. Here are
the questions,

1. What will happen if my user disables the feature to
accept cookies? I've tried this on my pc, looks like the
browser still creates cookies. I wonder why. Someone care
to explain?
2. How can I detect if the browser accept cookies or not?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Yours truly,

Simon

Relevant Pages

  • Re: hiding session ID in browser
    ... Store your data somehow indexed by this ID, ... properly with cookies enabled. ... > Problem why I don't want SessionID in browser is because when you add ... > web-site to favorites it stores SessionID too. ...
  • Re: Installer with XCode?
    ... Unable to enter the requested store." ... your browser has stored some cookies or pasword for the ...
    (comp.sys.mac.programmer.help)
  • Re: Reading cookies problem
    ... but I can see in my browser that cookies are set OK, ... on the amount of cookie data sent is not OK? ... Just don't store 60 cookies on a client computer. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: "Please enable your cookies"
    ... Mike wrote: ... I'm developing a site that requires cookies to pass data from page to ... page, mainly to check that a user is logged in, store a username etc. ... See to pick one that supports more than microsoft browser, ...
    (alt.php)