changed cookie name - now some users fail form authentication

From: Mike Dunn (mwdunn@attglobal.net)
Date: 02/04/03

From: "Mike Dunn" <mwdunn@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 18:36:34 -0800

Using Forms Authentication for serveral months with no
problem. Decided to stop using
FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage and create
cookie myself and set an expiration. Worked great,
tested on several machines no problem. Then I release
the code. Works on most users machines, but there are
several who complain they can't get past the login page
now. These are users who where always able to get in
without trouble so I'm sure what they are reporting is
accurate. I've had them delete cookies and file caches -
I don't know what to do at this point. Has anyone
experienced this or have a suggestion? thx.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What relationship between cookie and ticket expiration?
    ... > what's the relationship between the cookie expiration and the ... I create a cookie and I add an encrypted ... > ticket to it. ... ASP.Net's forms authentication system (or your code, ...
  • IsAuthenticated times out with non-persistent cookie - Why/How?
    ... first I thought it had to do with session timeout, ... because I can debug and still retrieve the cookie in Quickwatch - ... I know the default timeout for Forms authentication is 30 minutes, ... if you do ANYTHING to change the expiration date on the authCookie, ...
  • RE: Forms authentication cookie handling question (C#)
    ... I also replaced all of my ticket authentication code with the ... // Username and or password not found in our database... ... LoginControl's default code logic to generate authentication cookie. ...
  • RE: Forms Authentication
    ... The DNS entry for my domain was not set corrretly, ... This should have overcome the cookie ... authentication ticketis not correctly set to the domain your ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ...
  • RE: Forms authentication cookie handling question (C#)
    ... programmatically generate forms authentication ticket and set it in ASP.NET ... You use the Login control's "Authentication" event to do the user ... LoginControl's default code logic to generate authentication cookie. ...