Re: Access denied ( From one site to another, that is in another server)

From: Gabriela De Feo (gdefeo@rmya.com.ar)
Date: 01/30/03

From: "Gabriela De Feo" <gdefeo@rmya.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:48:00 -0300

Hello Bassel,

I tryed to access the xml file using a browser and I was be able to do it
through code.

Now, I have some questions I hope you can answer.

The second application was in your machine too? Or it was in another server?

Did you use NET classes or COM components (MSXML)?

I think you used NET classes, because of the code you sent to me, so I have
a question, Does NET need the MSXML parser?

Where can I verify the version parser? I looked in the registry, I have up
the second version there.

Thanks

"Bassel Tabbara [MS]" <basselt@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Gabriela,
> I tried your scenario on my machine and it worked great. I placed an xml
> document under the root of the second application.
> I didn't do any specific configuration. I made sure that I can access the
> document using the browser. I tried the following
> code and my XML document was loaded into the XMLDocument object.
>
> Dim oXMLDocument As System.Xml.XmlDocument
> oXMLDocument = New System.Xml.XmlDocument()
> oXMLDocument.Load(surl)
>
> One thing I advice you to do, is to try to access the xml file using a
> browser. If you will be able to do so, you must be able
> to do it through code.
>
> On my machine I have MSXML parser version 4.0 with SP1. You might need to
> check if you have the latest version.
>
> Thanks,
> Bassel Tabbara
> Microsoft, ASP.NET
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

> | > --------------------
> | another
> | > server)
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> because
> | REMOTE
> the
> | > url
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Http Connection
    ... I can access xml file with my browser (IE6 or Mozilla ... public String getContent(){ ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Access denied ( From one site to another, that is in another server)
    ... the xml file using a browser and I was be able to do through the browser, ... >>> I think you used NET classes, because of the code you sent to me, so I ... Does NET need the MSXML parser? ...
  • How to get browser to write a file to local disk
    ... There is a browser based application written in Flash Action Script that needs to write an XML file to the local disk. ... What should happen is a XML file is then written to disk which the application uses in several ways further downstream including applying an XSLT transformation to display the results. ... The catch is that none of these browsers allows files to be written to disk for security reasons regardless if Java applets, JavaScript, ECMAScript, etc. are used. ... So the problem is once the form is submitted and the Flash Action Script has the output XML ready, how to circumvent security and get the XML file written to preferably the same drive and directory the application was launched from. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Not Enough Storage Error during XML transformation
    ... "Erwin Moller" ... XML file have 4000+ records. ... Or your customer with another machine, browser, OS, browserversion, etc. ... A good general solution would be to implement some sort of pagination. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • sa.windows.com
    ... warning today that my browser wanted to go to sa.windows.com. ... "HUH?" ... "Search Companion uses XML files to define both UI and some ... that XML file is available from sa.windows.com. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)