Re: I can't login to Sql no matter what i try! i'm ignorant and i need help :)

From: logan (ryan.martin@iccicorp.com)
Date: 01/30/03

From: "logan" <ryan.martin@iccicorp.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 07:27:26 -0800

Thanks for the reply, however sql is using (windows and
sql) Mixed authentication.
Any other ideas?

authentication
>only. Go into the server properties in the Enterprise
Manager and
>check out the settings on the Security tab. You also
might want to
>take a look at the security "best practices" whitepaper:
>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?
ReleaseID=44047

<ryan.martin@iccicorp.com>
>wrote:
>
>>using : .NET Server RC1
>> IIS 6
>> ASP.NET
>> SQL 2000 (eval)
>>
>>ok when i attempt to login to my Web App i get this :
>>
>>System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open
database
>>requested in login 'T254DN_Staging'. Login fails. Login
>>failed for user 'sa'. (sa is just to test, i've tried
all
>>my other logins).
>>
>>i dont think i want to use integrated security because
>>many of the users of the site wont have windows
accounts.
>>i just want ASP.NET to access the database,
>> i have tried
>>adding the ASPNET account as a user in the database
with
>>administrative db role (again as a test).
>>

>>SQL Server is set to authenticate in Mixed Mode
>>
>>IIS is set up for anonymous access with the IUSR_
account

>>WebConfig authentication mode : tried Forms and None.
>>neither made a diff.
>>
>>Machine.Config :
>> <identity impersonate="false" userName=""
password=""/>

>>i dont get it. i dont understand, can a brotha just get
>>some sql data for his web app.
>>
>>thanks.
>>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Directory Services, LDAP or similar
    ... In other projects, we managed the user authentication by creating tables that define all users and its allowed capacities, then the application queryies that data to verify if a user has access to some feature or not. ... The above ID and password are sent to the service at login time. ... They are using Novell eDirectory at the enterprise level; yes it's LDAP. ... We already do that for three different DB servers; ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Is there malware on my Server?
    ... be exposing to the internet some means of authenticating to the server. ... Anonymous Access is checked and the login uses the ... Integrated Windows Authentication is checked. ... Administrador indicates hack attempts to log on with the Administrator ...
  • RE: Confusion on standard security methodologies.
    ... Application will talk to a back-end SQL ... By "back-end," I assume you mean on a different box from IIS? ... If SQL is on a separate box, you won't be able to use NT authentication ... impersonations (meaning that once passed to the IIS server, ...
  • Re: SQL User SID format?
    ... When you move databases to another server, you can remap users to logins ... capability to remap a user to a login with new ALTER USER syntax - I ... The new ALTER USER syntax works for remapping both SQL and Windows ... this means you already have access to a SID from the syslogins catalog; ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Directory Services, LDAP or similar
    ... we managed the user authentication by creating tables ... The above ID and password are sent to the service at login ... Novell eDirectory at the enterprise level; yes it's LDAP. ... servers; ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)