Re: I can't login to Sql no matter what i try! i'm ignorant and i need help :)

From: Mary Chipman (mchip@nomail.please)
Date: 01/30/03

From: Mary Chipman <mchip@nomail.please>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:21:01 -0500

It sounds like your server is configured for Windows authentication
only. Go into the server properties in the Enterprise Manager and
check out the settings on the Security tab. You also might want to
take a look at the security "best practices" whitepaper:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=44047

-- Mary
MCW Technologies
http://www.mcwtech.com

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:28:16 -0800, "logan" <ryan.martin@iccicorp.com>
wrote:

>using : .NET Server RC1
> IIS 6
> ASP.NET
> SQL 2000 (eval)
>
>ok when i attempt to login to my Web App i get this :
>
>System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database
>requested in login 'T254DN_Staging'. Login fails. Login
>failed for user 'sa'. (sa is just to test, i've tried all
>my other logins).
>
>i dont think i want to use integrated security because
>many of the users of the site wont have windows accounts.
>i just want ASP.NET to access the database,
> i have tried
>adding the ASPNET account as a user in the database with
>administrative db role (again as a test).
>

>SQL Server is set to authenticate in Mixed Mode
>
>IIS is set up for anonymous access with the IUSR_ account
>
>WebConfig authentication mode : tried Forms and None.
>neither made a diff.
>
>Machine.Config :
> <identity impersonate="false" userName="" password=""/>
>
>i dont get it. i dont understand, can a brotha just get
>some sql data for his web app.
>
>thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Need help configuring Wireless Connection profile
    ... Windows authentication for all users,4129,LRG\ryanv,4149,Wireless ... Vaillancourt,4155,1,4154,Use Windows authentication for all ... SMALL BUSINESS SERVER: ... STEP #1 Install Certificate Services ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Directory Services, LDAP or similar
    ... In other projects, we managed the user authentication by creating tables that define all users and its allowed capacities, then the application queryies that data to verify if a user has access to some feature or not. ... The above ID and password are sent to the service at login time. ... They are using Novell eDirectory at the enterprise level; yes it's LDAP. ... We already do that for three different DB servers; ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Is there malware on my Server?
    ... be exposing to the internet some means of authenticating to the server. ... Anonymous Access is checked and the login uses the ... Integrated Windows Authentication is checked. ... Administrador indicates hack attempts to log on with the Administrator ...
  • Re: Directory Services, LDAP or similar
    ... we managed the user authentication by creating tables ... The above ID and password are sent to the service at login ... Novell eDirectory at the enterprise level; yes it's LDAP. ... servers; ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Authentication Sharing Across Apps
    ... For my part "B" question that I had (Login App was not returning ... authentication to calling app), I found the solution. ... Basically, in both the Login App and Calling App Web.Config, I did ... authenticated connection with SQL server. ...