Logging-in user to NT without Windows authentication popup

From: Imran Hayat (ihayat@shaw.ca)
Date: 01/21/03

From: ihayat@shaw.ca (Imran Hayat)
Date: 21 Jan 2003 09:56:07 -0800

Hello!

I'm trying to design an asp.net web application where a user, once
authenticated inside my Oracle user database, gets logged-in to the NT
server as whatever NT username and NT password is specified in that
user's database record. No windows authentication popup window appears
to ask the user's NT username and password.

Is this possible? I don't believe that it is possible for a user to
get logged-in to NT in the background without the popup appearing.
Could someone either confirm or deny this?

All help much appreciated!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: URL Authentication IIS 6.0
    ... Authentication (which I was really looking for; ... The feature is actually called "URL Authorization". ... But, now comes the stange part, only users logged-in on the server ... When users 'admin' or 'test' are logged-in on another server, ...
  • Re: URL Authentication IIS 6.0
    ... The problem is that "URL Authentication" does not exist. ... The feature is actually called "URL Authorization". ... But, now comes the stange part, only users logged-in on the server ... When users 'admin' or 'test' are logged-in on another server, ...
  • URL Authentication IIS 6.0
    ... I've red about a new feature in IIS 6.0: URL Authentication and I did ... But, now comes the stange part, only users logged-in on the server ... When users 'admin' or 'test' are logged-in on another server, ...
  • Re: windows authentication and mssql server
    ... Authentication mode is set to Windows and the ... it is logged-in as an annonymous user ... But somehow al the users see every project from the database. ...