Re: 2 sites on one domain - authentication problem

From: Kim Bach Petersen (kim.bach.petersen@gedvedsem.dk)
Date: 01/10/03

From: "Kim Bach Petersen" <kim.bach.petersen@gedvedsem.dk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:29:58 +0100

> Problem is, when I sign in at site1, the authentications can be used at
> site2 as well and vice versa. I want separate authentication for each
site.
> Is there some configuration setting to make this possible?

Dough, it easy when you know: Authentication uses a cookie and each site
must use it own - goes without saying - that is: the name of the
authentication-cookie must be specified for each site.

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name=".SITE1" loginUrl="default.aspx" protection="All" timeout="20"
/>
</authentication>

Kim :o)

Relevant Pages

  • Outlook 2003 (sending mailing)
    ... It works it doesnt work.... ... I tried setting smtp to use authentication and vice versa ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: OpenSSH_3.1p1 auth problems
    ... What determines the authentication order? ... key authentication, or vice versa (or say, followed ... by RSARhosts authentication)? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: IIS Authentication
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... > logon only once not twice for both site1 and site2. ... > I set up authentication and it works fine. ...
  • Re: 2 sites on one domain - authentication problem
    ... Configure your site2 as its own application in IIS. ... > I'm trying to run 2 sites on one domain, with one at the domain root and ... > Both sites uses Forms Authentication, but they should use it seperatly ...
  • Re: Replacing old DC
    ... authentication is Site2 for Site3. ... You may as well delete Site3 and associate Site3's IP subnet object with Site2, otherwise, how will Site2's DCs handle authentication? ... I would think under the current Site config, that it may bounce between Site1 and Site2 DC/GCs. ...