2 sites on one domain - authentication problem

From: Kim Bach Petersen (msnews@kensho.dk)
Date: 01/07/03

From: "Kim Bach Petersen" <msnews@kensho.dk>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 18:20:57 +0100

I'm trying to run 2 sites on one domain, with one at the domain root and one
in a virtual folder:

http://www.mydomain.dk/
http://www.mydomain.dk/site2/

Both sites uses Forms Authentication, but they should use it seperatly based
on different databases with user accounts.

Problem is, when I sign in at site1, the authentications can be used at
site2 as well and vice versa. I want separate authentication for each site.

Is there some configuration setting to make this possible?

Kim :o)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 2 sites on one domain - authentication problem
    ... Configure your site2 as its own application in IIS. ... > I'm trying to run 2 sites on one domain, with one at the domain root and ... > Both sites uses Forms Authentication, but they should use it seperatly ...
  • Re: Connecting to a virtual directory using integrated authentication
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... I created a new virtual folder. ... authentication and the "connect as" is set to "Always use the ... Win2K3 server but within the same domain. ...
  • Connecting to a virtual directory using integrated authentication
    ... I created a new virtual folder. ... Also when I have the virtual folder set to use integrated windows ... authentication and the "connect as" is set to "Always use the ... Win2K3 server but within the same domain. ...
  • Re: Forms authentication and downloading files
    ... If we didn't create a virtual folder, it also wouldn't cause the form ... authentication. ... Luke ... Microsoft Online Support ...
  • Re: custom code + delegation = problem...
    ... which is creating a second "reportserver" virtual folder, ... I think RS prefer to use the NT authentication instead-of the basic ... the client and server will ...