MSAccess link table security problem

From: lxc (xucheng@bonns.com)
Date: 01/06/03

From: "lxc" <xucheng@bonns.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:43:00 +0800

I build my WebService ,using a local MS Access Database LocalA.mdb,
LocalA.mdb have serveral tables link to Database NetworkB.mdb .NetworkB.mdb
is on a network map drive .

I program using ado.net read data from LocalA.mdb , it throw a
oledbexception "Can not find NetworkB.mdb".
i manually open LocalA.mdb , find the link tables to NetworkB.mdb work
properly.

Is it a BUG ?
if not , how can solve it using CodeAccessPermission or Impersonate ?

Relevant Pages

  • Design Problem!!
    ... I have Windows Forms application which uses MS Access Database and a Pocket ... How does the Webservice know where the MS Access Database is present. ...
  • Design Problem!!
    ... I have Windows Forms application which uses MS Access Database and a Pocket ... How does the Webservice know where the MS Access Database is present. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Design Problem!!
    ... I have Windows Forms application which uses MS Access Database and a Pocket ... How does the Webservice know where the MS Access Database is present. ...
  • Re: proper way to abstract db access?
    ... You can implement a webservice or ATL to access database. ... But INMH proper ... > possible olecommand in my db connection class also doesnt make any sense. ...