Failed to start monitoring directory changes

From: Ágúst (agusto@vks.is)
Date: 12/27/02

From: "Ágúst" <agusto@vks.is>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 07:07:42 -0800

I am dealing with a similiar error. When deploying a
simple .aspx file to my server I get this error when I
deploy it on a virtual directory which is not located
under wwwroot. But when I deploy it in a virtual
directory under wwwroot there is no error. At this
moment I have not been able to find out which security
setting I need to alter... good luck with your problem.
Any hints on mine welcomed :)

odd occurrences. I
>have checked many newsgroups and all documentation
available for this
>particular message and have performed all of the
suggested steps, to no
>avail. I have 2 separate systems where I am running this
app One is a test
>web server located in a DMZ network, that has not been
fully secured. By
>that I mean, I have URLScan setup, but have not done any
additional security
>lockdowns. The other is a production system and has been
more extensively
>locked down, and is also in the DMZ. The app runs fine
on the test server,
>but not on the production server. I have exhausted
everything I know to try.
>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Below is
the exact error I

-------------------
>----
>
>Access denied to 'E:\domains\BTI Hotels\DataSync\'
directory. Failed to
>start monitoring directory changes.
execution of the
>current web request. Please review the stack trace for
more information
>about the error and where it originated in the code.
>
>Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Access
denied to
>'E:\domains\BTI Hotels\DataSync\' directory. Failed to
start monitoring
>directory changes.
>
>Source Error:
>
> An unhandled exception was generated during the
execution of the
>current web request. Information regarding the origin
and location of the
>exception can be identified using the exception stack
trace below.

>Stack Trace:
>
>[HttpException (0x80004005): Access denied
to 'E:\domains\BTI
>Hotels\DataSync\' directory. Failed to start monitoring
directory changes.]

>System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.StartMonitoringDirectoryRen
amesAndBinDirectory
>(String dir, FileChangeEventHandler callback) +446
> System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext
context) +324

>[HttpException (0x80004005): ASP.NET Initialization
Error]
> System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext
context) +927
> System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal
(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +128

-------------------
>----
>Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
Version:1.0.3705.209; ASP.NET
>Version:1.0.3705.0
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Please help !!!! Server Error in Application !! Object variable or
    ... We have hosted an asp.net application in a windows 2003 server machine. ... Dim OnlineConnection As New OnlineConnection ... An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the ... Please review the stack trace for more information about ...
  • RE: New website in ISS
    ... The reason I asked here is that it works fine on other server exept SBS 2003 ... Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ... Please review the stack trace for more information about ... Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: PLEASE HELP - Access is denied: Microsoft.Office.Interop.Owc.
    ... >> includes the OWC both on server and client. ... An unhandled exception occurred during the ... >> using the exception stack trace below. ... Attempting download of new URL ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.web.components)
  • Re: Object reference not set
    ... that has two other server side tables on it that have been working ... Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ... Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference ... be identified using the exception stack trace below. ...
  • RE: ASP.NET Directory Error
    ... check the .NET framework security settings. ... | Server Error in '/sugars' Application. ... | Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server cannot ... | using the exception stack trace below. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)