Re: Strange behavior with SSL and __doPostBack

From: Rad (aspdotnet@hot.spam.mail.com)
Date: 12/26/02

From: "Rad" <aspdotnet@hot.spam.mail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 01:49:17 GMT

there's a fix.. find the knowledge base article, then call in and refer to
it to get the fix...

"David" <david.konig@utopy.com> wrote in message
> I'm running an ASP.NET web site with SSL. All the site is running under
> HTTPS only (the HTTP port is blocked). Whenever I click a link button
> control on the page (or any other control that calls the __doPostBack
> javascript function that is generated on the page by the ASP.NET) I get a
> security alert saying: "You are about to leave a secure internet
> connection". Clicking yes just normally posts back. When posting back
using
> a normal submit button I don't get this alert (although the same post
action
> is performed). The normal message when you really are browsing to an
> unsecured page is saying something like "You are about to be redirected to
> connection that is not secure". This is not the message I'm getting in
this
> case.
> The only difference I could think of is that the __doPostBack call the
> form.submit() function explicitly and the submit button submits the form
> implicitly.
>
> I really need to remove this Security popup because they are incorrect.
> Any Ideas ?

Relevant Pages

  • Strange behavior with SSL and __doPostBack
    ... I'm running an ASP.NET web site with SSL. ... HTTPS only (the HTTP port is blocked). ... Clicking yes just normally posts back. ... The normal message when you really are browsing to an ...
  • Re: System exception: access violation
    ... > the whole web site was too big to fit onto one CD rom. ... >> 1) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all FP Temp Files ... >> 3) Run a Repair on IE ... >> | fix the problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: System exception: access violation
    ... the whole web site was too big to fit onto one CD rom. ... > Check any proxy/firewall settings and your Windows Events Logs ... > | fix the problem. ... THis caused problems with my email settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • RE: Problems with windows
    ... For the printer,you should chk the mfg web site for a fix for SP2 to run ... properly,alot of 3rd party drivers/service need this with SP2.For the other, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: "Click to activate this control" problem
    ... "Oh, I can fix that. ... Gregg Hill ... "Have any of you actually tried to fix a web site that has ... not have Java installed. ...