calling an executable from an aspx page

From: Sedef O. (sedefo@kocsistem.com.tr)
Date: 12/25/02

From: "Sedef O." <sedefo@kocsistem.com.tr>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 11:56:26 -0800

Hi,
I have an aspx page from which i need to call an
executable. I tried using the Process class but couldn't
get the code to work.
There is a button on the aspx page. Here is the code for
the click event for the button:
Process process = new Process();
process.StartInfo.FileName = "C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft
Visual Studio\\VB98\\ObisFiyatAktarim.exe";
process.StartInfo.Arguments = "DECPRICEilk10.xls 1 999 85";
process.Start();

process.WaitForExit();
if (process.HasExited)
{
     process.Kill();
}
The problem is that when I click the button, i get "Server
Application Unavailable" error after waiting for about
three minutes. The message says "The web application you
are attempting to access on this web server is currently
unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web
browser to retry your request.
Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause
of this specific request failure can be found in the
system event log of the web server. Please review this log
entry to discover what caused this error to occur."
The message in the event log says that the server did not
send any responses for the last 180 seconds. The exe file
which i'm trying to call is a program which runs a DTS on
an SQL Server. It is obvious that the process does not
start when the button is clicked because i used SQL
Profiler to see what was going on but there was no
activity. This shows my ObisFiyatAktarim.exe never started.

So, does anyone have an idea about what i'm doing wrong?
Is there any other way of calling an executable from an
aspx page? I need to find out an answer urgently.

Thanks in advance for all kinds of help :-)