Re: How Bad Is It?

From: th (th@rmsexxxcf.remove-xxx-and-this.cxxxom)
Date: 12/16/02

From: "th" <th@rmsexxxcf.remove-xxx-and-this.cxxxom>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:14:04 +0100

Here are some reading about ASP.NET security.

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/h
tml/secnetlpMSDN.asp?frame=true)

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/11/security/default.aspx)

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/msdnmag/issues/02/04/ASP
Sec/toc.asp?frame=true)

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/msdnmag/issues/02/05/asp
sec2/toc.asp?frame=true)

The first one is a MUST READ....

/Patrik

"Lee Seidel" <lee.seidel@capbluecross.com> wrote in message
> How bad is it to switch the user in the machine.config
> file from "machine" to "SYSTEM"? We were able to overcome
> insufficient security for ASPNET id via this method. We
> resorted to this after giving ASPNET administrator rights
> on the box did not resolve the dreaded Insufficient
> Access .NET error.
>
> Please share your thoughts on this.
>
> Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Summary of Microsoft compiler flaw discussions
    ... Cigital implied that Microsoft touted this new switch as a panacea to ... No "flaw" exists in Microsoft's new compiler. ... sense of security because it is easily defeated." ... attacks against code compiled with the new compiler. ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: National Security Backdoor in telnetd - all versions.
    ... > within the National Security field? ... >>sniffed when you have to reconfigure your switch from offsite. ... not government. ... The vendors themselves have been screaming about the export ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Transport Mode IPSEC
    ... security with environment security. ... NFS server with an arp cache poison, ... If you correct the environment security, ... For example, you put in a decent managed switch, you ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • RE: Rogue IP Address
    ... capability that you paid for when buying the switch, ... someone will holler about his network not working. ... prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. ... This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case studies and true hands-on utilization ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Password Coding On Form
    ... i am developing a switch board and want some secuirty on this switch ... The most secure way of controlling access and permissions is to apply ... user-level security. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)