Encrypt strings at business tier

From: Jeff (nospam@nospamm.com)
Date: 12/12/02

From: "Jeff" <nospam@nospamm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:52:37 -0800

I need a safe way to store, retrieve and use keys on the
business tier computer, so that certain strings in Classes
can be encrypted, before persisting to fields in tables in
a SQL server, and then later decrypted after retrieval.

I was thinking I could use a digital certificate to safely
hold the key (as opposed to storing it in the registry,
embeding it in code, or...) but I can't figure out if this
is true or how to do it?

Any ideas?

Thanks-

-Jeff

  • Re: JavaScript associative arrays not ordered?
    ... as long as you don't extend the Object prototype, ... The inability to safely use arbitrary keys as property names may not be ... ReadOnly - value from the prototype to the object itself but makes the ... assign or retrieve values from Objects using ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • performance registry interface
    ... I followed MSDN Platform SDK documentation to write code to retrieve %CPU ... Other documentation explains how to use these keys to retrieve various ... performance object for key 6. ...
  • Re: JavaScript associative arrays not ordered?
    ... object from being an associative array. ... those properties should be included in a list of "all keys" or it is ... method to retrieve an unordered collection of all user-defined Keys." ... and whether it puts the javascript object on the associative array ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: performance registry interface
    ... I hope my MSDN privileges are recognized in this post because I found the ... > I followed MSDN Platform SDK documentation to write code to retrieve %CPU ... > Other documentation explains how to use these keys to retrieve various ... > performance object for key 6. ...
  • Re: performance registry interface
    ... I am reposting it using my MSDN Universal alias that is ... > I followed MSDN Platform SDK documentation to write code to retrieve %CPU ... > Other documentation explains how to use these keys to retrieve various ... > performance object for key 6. ...