Re: User ASPNET in SQL Server 2000

From: Tom (tbekasiewicz@poczta.onet.pl)
Date: 12/05/02

From: "Tom" <tbekasiewicz@poczta.onet.pl>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 04:30:18 -0800

Hi Gregory
Thank you for post.
But, could you explain me how can I do it.
I want to logon to the virtual catalog from the internet
as the windows user then I want to logon to the SQL Server
2000 as the same user as in Windows 2000 Server in the
previous operation. When I logon to the IIS 5.0 from the
internet I'am the user from the group of Windows users and
now I want a permission to the SQL Server 2000 database
(In the SQL Server 2000 and in the Windows 2000 AS are the
same users, and I have a permission to all the tables in
the database). I don't want to logon to the SQL Server as
the user ASPNET I want to logon to the SQL Server 2000 as
the user from the internet.
Plese replay...

have to
>authenticate as something other than ASPNET or
IUSR_ComputerName. The other
>option is to reduce security by allowing the ASPNET and
IUSR_ComputerName

******************
******************
>****
>"Tom" <tbekasiewicz@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
>> Hi everyb.
>>
>> I use IIS 5.0 and Win 2000 AS.
>> In my operating system I have two user accounts.
>> The authentication in ASP.NET application is "Windows
>> authentication". The SQL Server 2000 has "Windows
>> authentication", and has the same users as in Win 2000
AS.
>> In my machine.config file I have changed the
>> <processModel/> tag:
>>
>> </processModel
>> userName="system"
>> password="autogenerate"
>> />
>>
>> In properties of virtual catalog on IIS 5.0 I have
checked
>> the second Checkbox - Base authentication.
>> When I login to the server from the intrnet and I put
the
>> login and the password, I have got the message that the
>> ASPNET user hasn't got permission to the SQL Server
2000.
>> I want to login to the SQL Server 2000 as the user from
>> the Windows 2000 AS system.
>> Could you help me, please...
>>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: User ASPNET in SQL Server 2000
    ... I want to logon to the virtual catalog from the internet ... as the windows user then I want to logon to the SQL Server ...
  • RE: IIS & SQL, NT authentication for Web
    ... as your Internet users won't have Windows NT accounts on your ... SQL Server Security Modes ... | Am I correct in that, I should use NT Authentication for IIS to access SQL ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Sending data to a web database from Windows forms application
    ... I need to learn how to update a SQl server or Access database located on a ... web server from my windows forms application, via the internet ... Is Web services the way to go? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: avoid logon screen
    ... That procedure is well documented on the Internet. ... Skip the Welcome Screen and Logon Automatically ... How to turn on automatic logon in Windows XP ... In the box that pops up, make sure the account you clicked ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Firewall and Office
    ... The SQL Server was installed on a computer with Windows XP which has also access to the internet. ... The computers in the network, with Windows 2000, have access to the internet through the above computer, and also have the Access 2000 program. ... where can I find some article or documentation on how to enable certain incoming applications like Office to pass through the Windows firewall ?. ...