SSL Newbe: http://YourWebServer/certsrv/ missing during setup

From: EarlT777 (earlt777@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/03/02

From: "EarlT777" <earlt777@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:36:41 -0600

I am trying to follow in instructions in microsoft artical:

HOW TO: Configure SSL in a Windows 2000 IIS 5.0 Test Environment by Using
Certificate Server 2.0
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290625

And when I get to stop 1 of 'Submit a Certificate Request', it says

Open a browser, and then open http://YourWebServerName/certsrv/.

When I enter this url using my server name, I get a page not found error

Of course the application directory does not exist in the wwwroot folder so
that explains it...
but what do I need to install to get this?

Does Microsoft (or someone) have an artical on doing this?

Thank you

Earl

Relevant Pages

  • RE: IIS 4 on NT4
    ... Yes, you can create a certificate with Certificate Server 2.0, on Windows ... Microsoft IIS ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Domain Controller and IIS, SQL Server or Exchange?
    ... >of two Windows 2000 DC's, then which application would you choose. ... >I know that it all can co-exist, I've done it in a test environment. ... Plus there are issues with IIS on a DC where you have no ... local accounts and everything is a domain account. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Domain Controller and IIS, SQL Server or Exchange?
    ... >of two Windows 2000 DC's, then which application would you choose. ... >I know that it all can co-exist, I've done it in a test environment. ... Plus there are issues with IIS on a DC where you have no ... local accounts and everything is a domain account. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: Installing MS Certificate Server
    ... Certificate Server 2.0 comes with Windows 2000. ... You just install it from ... the Add/Remove Programs window and choose Add/Remove Windows Components. ...
  • Re: Issiung certifcates by a Windows 2000 Enterprise CA
    ... Will be there be any issues when it comes to upgrading the Windows 2000 ... Also, in the event I need de-install Certificate Server from the Win2K box, ... Patrick ... > you can set your CA as a trusted root in your browsers, ...