Re: Gaining access to network shares from WebServices and WebForms

From: Willy Denoyette [MVP] (willy.denoyette@pandora.be)
Date: 11/13/02

From: "Willy Denoyette [MVP]" <willy.denoyette@pandora.be>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:41:28 +0100

This has nothing to do with .NET, this what Windows security is all about.
Local accounts have no network credentials, so, unless you replace the IUSR_xxx by a domain account, you won't be able to access
network resources using IUSR_XXXXX (or any other local principal).

Willy.

"Tim Greenwood" <tim_greenwood@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:efmXEvqiCHA.1952@tkmsftngp09...
> I have a webservice which needs to create files on a mapped drive. When
> trying I get a security exception. I believe I need to authenticate as a
> different user so we can specify the user in IIS and provide the necessary
> privileges so we aren't allowing the IUSR_(MACHINENAME) access to network
> shares. I really do not know how to get here with .NET.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Certificates required to join domain
    ... acquire its machine cert; and then combine this with 802.1x ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ... > way to notify you if a computer is plugged in to the network so it ... > can get a valid certificate installed by an administrator? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Protoride virus
    ... account has a weak password or you are networked to another infected ... Assure no other machines on your network are infected, ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Security ... > the virus software on all the computers in my office, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Someone please help me...
    ... Click in Domain radio button and enter name of your domain... ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Security ... How do I "point" point this new machine to our network so ...
  • Re: Windows 2003 security issue
    ... You should then be able to run the program from share without warning. ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Security ... Its run through a network share. ... Is there a way to make this bat file run without having to press run on ...
  • Re: Gaining access to network shares from WebServices and WebForms
    ... Not even by impersonating a domain user???? ... > This has nothing to do with .NET, this what Windows security is all about. ... > Local accounts have no network credentials, so, unless you replace the ... > network resources using IUSR_XXXXX. ...