Re: Enterprise Services Identity

From: Ed leNoir (
Date: 11/01/02

From: "Ed leNoir" <>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 19:00:36 -0800

You just don't have something configured correctly. I've done the same and
it works as advertised. Only the classes and functions that are actually in
the package will run under the COM+ account, code in your aspx pages still
run under the aspnet worker process. All calls have to be to "remote"
components that run in the COM+ package. The remoting is invisible to you
once you've got it all set up. Usually database and network accesses are
put into classes that are derived from ServicedComponent and run in the COM+

I haven't seen a trick yet where you run the entire aspnet application under
COM+, but I haven't looked either. Usually you only want to run with the
extra security when making external calls, otherwise run under the nicely
underprivelaged aspnet account.

- Ed

"skippark" <> wrote in message
> Enterprise Services Identity
> I have a .NET COM+ data object that has been created to
> take advantage of the ability to run under a specific user
> identity. The use of Trusted Connections with sql server
> is a necessity due to coroporate security policy. The
> problem is when I run my .Net in COM+ it always runs with
> ASPNET identity instead of a domain account I specified in
> COM+ service. Any thoughts?
> Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: OSD Image Deployment via SMS advertisement (cannot connect to
    ... I rebuilt my test machine, advertised my package to it, and it's now ... showing the new software account as the username when trying to deploy the ... put in the advanced client network access account field. ... OS Deployment advertisement failed to install OS Deployment agent!. ...
  • RE: OSD Image Deployment via SMS advertisement (cannot connect to
    ... One log tells you the account that is being used ... test machine and push the package again. ... OS Deployment advertisement failed to install OS Deployment agent!. ... Raising event: ...
  • Re:
    ... My Sync Host is my Site Server. ... >> permission to the SMSCliToknAcct& local account. ... >> Package Data Source directory and the package object. ... >>> Richard Threlkeld ...
  • Re: Scheduling a simple local package wont stick
    ... Well my domain account is the owner, and it is member of the local ... Where do I find out if this Sql server service account has the necessary ... - When you run the DTS package yourself, it runs with your credentials, ... DTS packages do not retain a schedule. ...
  • OSD Image Deployment via SMS advertisement (cannot connect to shar
    ... The new package is created. ... I then create an advertisement targeting my test machine to deploy the ... Raising event: ... Advanced Client Network Access account, if I have a domain admin's account ...