How to get UserName / NetBios machine name using FORMS authentication

From: Joao.Cardoso (joao.cardoso@gmx.no.spam.net)
Date: 10/30/02

From: Joao.Cardoso <joao.cardoso@gmx.no.spam.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:13:53 +0000

Hi

I'm using Forms authentication but I still need to know the NetBios
machine name and the user logged on on windows domain, using the
browser IE to access my ASP.NET application.

I need this information in order to be able to LOG with users is using
the software on witch workstation (with dynamic IP addess) width witch
windows logon on the workstation. This is a requirement for security
reasons.

The problem is that using Forms authentication, accessing the
servervariables allways returns either ASP.NET user account or the
Forms autenticated user....

I need to know if is there any way to get that information, even
assuming that I'm using IE5 or later.

Again, Mind that I'm using Forms authentication

Thanks in advance

Joao.Cardoso
[LusoCoders]- Portuguese Coders
lusocoders-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

  • Re: Radius Authentication
    ... Confirm that authentication against the RADIUS server succeeds using ... Windows domain account (if the name contains spaces then refer to the ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Windows Domain login step
    ... I tryed to understand the steps involved in a windows domain login, ... point if we are in a WiFi environment or a switch if we are in a wired ... environment) and a RADIUS Server ... User authentication with, for example EAP-MSCHAP v2. ...
  • Re: How to get UserName / NetBios machine name using FORMS authentication
    ... For the user info from their machine use Request.UserHostName and ... > I'm using Forms authentication but I still need to know the NetBios ... > machine name and the user logged on on windows domain, ... > the software on witch workstation width witch ...
  • Re: How can a linux machine login one WinNT Domain?
    ... >> asking if you can use a Windows domain for login authentication on the ... > I am not clear about the http proxy authentication. ... If you wan't to logon to windows domain from Linux box use smbpasswd utility ... If you wan't to enable samba server to authenticate windows machines like ads ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Windows Authentication question
    ... We are creating an intranet here in ASP.NET and we decided that we are ... going to use a kind of Forms Authentication but using the users in our ... windows domain. ... So, we are creating a default login form, but the user will use the name ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)