Re: DES Algorithm (RC4 Encryption)

From: Bill Chan (billchans@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/25/02

From: "Bill Chan" <billchans@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:26:53 +0800

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your suggestion. Actually, I have written some codes byusing the
System.Security.Cryptography class. But there is no "RC4" in the
cryptographic algorithms:

TripleDESCryptoServiceProvider des = new TripleDESCryptoServiceProvider();
des.IV = new byte[8];
PasswordDeriveBytes pdb = new PasswordDeriveBytes(password, new byte[0]);

When I try to create the object DES.key
des.Key = pdb.CryptDeriveKey("RC4", "MD5" 128, des.IV);

It throw the exception at this line that algorithm is not supported but
there is no problem if replacing RC4 by RC2.

Do you have any idea? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Bill