Re: Authenticating against a user/pwd list on another server?

From: Willy Denoyette [MVP] (willy.denoyette@pandora.be)
Date: 10/17/02

From: "Willy Denoyette [MVP]" <willy.denoyette@pandora.be>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:19:11 +0200

User authentication works against the local SAM or a Domain authority (Domain Controller Account database).
You can't authenticate against another servers local SAM .

Willy.

"Kevin Yu" <kyu@nrcan.gc.ca> wrote in message news:uszz0DWdCHA.1704@tkmsftngp10...
> I have previously post another thread about this, the title is"
> Authenticating users on BDC", but the description of my problem is little
> confusing, so here
> I will just make it clear.
>
> I have a asp.net project working fine with windows authentication, but the
> user/pwd list is on the same machine with the asp.net server. what I want to
> do is when user login(windows integrated authentication mode), the
> authenticating process should get the user name and password and validate
> them against the user
> list on another computer/server. how can I go about and do that? (hosting
> the asp.net app on another computer/server is not an option)
>
> thanks
>
> Kevin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: samba as PDC
    ... Only the root user is doing it now, but I have another login in the wheel group. ... I've even put SETUID on pdbedit and smbpasswd, and it didn't solve this issue. ... I'm trying to keep a clean server for authentication -- without excess fat. ... I've got NIS on a secured backend, and samba authenticating against a local SAM. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Re: IAS
    ... > IAS server don't need to use active directory, ... > You can also configure many different type of authentication. ... can I use local SAM ...
  • Re: Authenticating against a user/pwd list on another server?
    ... we have a BDC running locally, so I can authenticate users against the BDC? ... > User authentication works against the local SAM or a Domain authority ... > You can't authenticate against another servers local SAM. ... >> the asp.net app on another computer/server is not an option) ...
  • Re: Authenticating against a user/pwd list on another server?
    ... Not quite sure why you are talking about a BDC? ... the BDC) will be used to handle the authentication handshake. ... >> You can't authenticate against another servers local SAM. ...