Re: Forms authentication and frames

From: Chris Garrett (cgarrett@polythink.com)
Date: 10/01/02

From: "Chris Garrett" <cgarrett@polythink.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:24:21 GMT

I cant remeber off had how to do this but I know that I got all my
javascript info from irt.org. Check out the javascript FAQ it has a lot of
usefull info there.

http://developer.irt.org/script/script.htm

CG

"Marcel Braak" <mbraak@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I've got a web application the uses frames.
> I've set up the authentication and it works ok, except one thing i can't
> seem to fix.
>
> When a user is logged out or his session expires he is redirected to the
> login page. But the login pages are opened in the frames. I would like
this
> page to be opened on top (_top).
> I've tried to make a html file which included a javascript that redirects
> the login page.
>
> <script language="javascript">top.location.href =
> '/login/login.aspx';</script>
> The works when i use my logout button that links me to this html page.
>
> But when a session is expired, the .NET framework redirects me directly to
> the login page, so the login page is opened in a frame.
>
> When i change the loginUrl in de web.config to point to the html file,
then
> i'm stuck in a loop cause the login page can't be opened cause i'm not
> logged in.
>
> Is there a way to make the login page open on top?
>
> Thanx,
> Marcel

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Secure Login Form
    ... I developped an extranet/internet website for my former companys, ... Subject: Secure Login Form ... javascript, etc.) but I am concerned about the security provided. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • XMLHTTP.Open(...) causes "Permissions Denied" error
    ... I have an ASPX web app I'm developing at home. ... Login redirects to Main.aspx as it's supposed to. ... The client javascript fires off and works great. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.jscript)
  • Re: php ajax redirect
    ... > I have a Login page that checks a Db for a Un and Pw using ajax. ... I just want to redirect out to a new page and keep my _session ... but new at AJAX. ... If you're getting the output with an javascript request, sending redirect headers won't help you changing the current page. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Web Scraping Login Required
    ... What I'm missing is whether this is possible for ... Usually this uses http authentication. ... site uses vast amounts of javascript to handle login you ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Frames and response.redirect
    ... javascript for the command would be so I doubt what i put would work). ... > I have a login page and when the program accepts the login ... > the page is redirected to a page with 3 frames. ... > redirect to the Login page. ...