Avoid multiple user login

From: Kelvin (kelvinlo002@hotmail.com)
Date: 09/20/02

From: "Kelvin" <kelvinlo002@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 06:01:54 -0700

Thanks very much for your reply.
Yes, I am using form authentication to verify user info in
a database. Here is the scenario:
1) User login using the account ABC and successfully login.
2) Another user got the login ID and password from his
friend and login from another machine with the login ID
ABC.

How can I allow just one session to login with the same
login ID? One solution is to kick out the first guy who
login when the second guy try to login. But how? That was
my question. I don't really understand how to solve this
problem by "store them in a temporary
table and then check the user against the table when they
log in?"

Thanks!
Kelvin

you
>are using a database you could store them in a temporary
>table and then check the user against the table when they
>log in?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PDO: Switch database user without reopening connection
    ... At the bare minimum there will be a login user who only has ... modifications to the database as well (editors get update permission, ... As database connections are expensive to ... a certain visitor in the Session, and use that value to start the right ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: PDO: Switch database user without reopening connection
    ... At the bare minimum there will be a login user who only has ... the postgres user they are logged in as to one that can make ... modifications to the database as well (editors get update permission, ... As database connections are expensive to ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • RE: How to allow users to change their password?
    ... be set up to provide the Security dialog window for password changes. ... I'll have to login using their login ... > name/password first. ... See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Please! Doesnt anyone know a better way to do this?
    ... account, they need to automatically be directed to the page to enter data ... session variable on the Account page. ... I assume here that you're checking a database when the user attempts to ... When a new user attempts to login or clicks to register, ...
  • Re: Enter user name, enter password, then press enter...
    ... What do you do when the customer asks that the database login in be the same ... username and password to use all of the stuff that she is permitted to use. ... I have implemented this type of security for Access, VB, and Web Based ASP ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)