Avoid multiple user login

From: wezza (stickyerspamupyer@ss.com)
Date: 09/19/02

From: "wezza" <stickyerspamupyer@ss.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:40:41 -0700

you don't say how your logins are authenticated but if you
are using a database you could store them in a temporary
table and then check the user against the table when they
log in?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Logging in irrespective of database access
    ... Try connecting using Query Analyzer with one of the problem logins and run ... the following in the context of your demodata and accounts databases: ... This will return the security context used to access the database. ... SQL Server MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Logging in irrespective of database access
    ... Try connecting using Query Analyzer with one of the problem logins and run ... the following in the context of your demodata and accounts databases: ... This will return the security context used to access the database. ... SQL Server MVP ...
  • Re: Changing security authentication type.
    ... i'm thinking that yes in time the sa account ... A new DBA Admin User login would only be useful for SQL Login purposes. ... if appropriate you can add users to the db_owner role in a database. ... Create one or more logins for the applications. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Help Ive been an idiot
    ... You need to make sure that you readd any logins that were mapped to database ... Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP) ... > connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • RE: Creating a DB User *not* on current Machine
    ... detach/attach the database to a new server. ... Server.When you move a database from one server that is running SQL Server ... the security identification numbers of the logins in the master ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)