Printing From ASP.Net

From: Todd Dye (tdye@directrugs.com)
Date: 09/17/02

From: "Todd Dye" <tdye@directrugs.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 18:10:57 -0400

I am using VB.net to create a webform that simply calls an exe with command
line parameters which in turn prints a barcode label on the server. The
problem is that when I call the exe it executes fine and returns a valid
result, but there is no document output to the printer.

I have modified the code, and compiled it as a dll, with the exact same
effect.
The dll and exe work fine when used in a form in VB6.0, but not when used in
a webform.

I am assuming this is some sort of security issue, but I can't figure out
where the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Todd Dye

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Using same interfaces for in-proc vs. out-proc
    ... for each server) might work better after all. ... TLB,>you reference it in VB and gain access to all ... both EXE and DLL versions must use the same source code; ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.atl)
  • Re: DShowNET - create instance of Clsid.FilterGraph fails?
    ... I don't know how much you know about COM, but a CLSID is usually associated ... with a DLL or exe which acts as a COM server once it is called properly. ... This DLL or exe is installed on your machine (unless you are using DCOM, ...
  • Re: Difference between an EXE and DLL ATL objects
    ... If accessing EXE COM methods has all this overhead ... DLL server, whereas one EXE server may serve multiple clients. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.atl)
  • Re: Folder Permissions
    ... A dll may contain many used and unused functions. ... then sets up a proxy for a process that is started up on the server and from ... What I was saying is that your exe runs as the account that starts it. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: ROT Vs Out of Proc COM Server
    ... in a DLL instead of an EXE? ... Once the DLL is loaded, ... > name, i retrieved its interface pointer from another exe, and it works ... >> in a inproc server, use a dummy exe to CoCreate its instance, push its ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ole)