Printing From ASP.Net

From: Todd Dye (
Date: 09/17/02

From: "Todd Dye" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 18:10:57 -0400

I am using to create a webform that simply calls an exe with command
line parameters which in turn prints a barcode label on the server. The
problem is that when I call the exe it executes fine and returns a valid
result, but there is no document output to the printer.

I have modified the code, and compiled it as a dll, with the exact same
The dll and exe work fine when used in a form in VB6.0, but not when used in
a webform.

I am assuming this is some sort of security issue, but I can't figure out
where the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Todd Dye

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Using same interfaces for in-proc vs. out-proc
    ... for each server) might work better after all. ... TLB,>you reference it in VB and gain access to all ... both EXE and DLL versions must use the same source code; ...
  • Re: DShowNET - create instance of Clsid.FilterGraph fails?
    ... I don't know how much you know about COM, but a CLSID is usually associated ... with a DLL or exe which acts as a COM server once it is called properly. ... This DLL or exe is installed on your machine (unless you are using DCOM, ...
  • Re: Difference between an EXE and DLL ATL objects
    ... If accessing EXE COM methods has all this overhead ... DLL server, whereas one EXE server may serve multiple clients. ...
  • Re: Folder Permissions
    ... A dll may contain many used and unused functions. ... then sets up a proxy for a process that is started up on the server and from ... What I was saying is that your exe runs as the account that starts it. ...
  • Re: ROT Vs Out of Proc COM Server
    ... in a DLL instead of an EXE? ... Once the DLL is loaded, ... > name, i retrieved its interface pointer from another exe, and it works ... >> in a inproc server, use a dummy exe to CoCreate its instance, push its ...