Re: reach secure files in subfolder

From: Steve Turley (
Date: 09/16/02

From: "Steve Turley" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:26:14 -0700

It isn't clear from your post exactly what you're trying to do. Are you
trying to use SSL to protect a subfolder of your site? Do you have a server
certificate installed on the server? If so then you don't do it with
web.config. Start the IIS manager (Start>Run, "inetmgr") and navigate to the
folder that you want to protect. Then right-click and select Properties.
Then select the Directory Security tab. Check the "Require secure
connection" checkbox.

Hope this helps

Please do not reply directly to this email address; it is intended  for
newsgroup purposes only.
"fredrik" <> wrote in message
> I have put some secure sites in a subfolder of my webproject, but when the
> site tries to reach these secure pages in the subfolder i get this error:
> Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as
> allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This
> can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an
> in IIS.
> and it refers to the webconfig file in the subfolder like this:
> Line 34: <authentication mode="Forms">
> Line 35:
> Line 36: <forms name=".AuthCookie"
> loginUrl=http://Authenticate/login.aspx></forms>
> What can I do?
> Fredrik

Relevant Pages

  • Forms Security Problem
    ... I have a site I am trying to protect using forms based security ... I then copied my web.conf file to a subfolder, and changed it so that the ...
  • Re: Password Protect a webpage
    ... we presently have a subfolder protected but the ... protect, to that protected subfolder is the most "logical" solution to ... I asked the same question (password protect a webpage) to my ISP. ... Presently we have a link on the site to a password protected folder. ...
  • Re: Protected folder with forms authentication
    ... web.config file specify authorization to allow access to the main folder. ... This should prevent unauthenticated users from accessing the subfolder. ... > im developing the manager options. ... but i protect the whole site... ...
  • Re: Explorer
    ... Folder customizations ... Protect your PC! ... "Lance" wrote in message ... > When I left click on a subfolder the search screen is launched. ...
  • Re: One for the NTFS permissions gurus.
    ... user logs-on the script creates a new subfolder based on the username. ... What I want to do is to set the permissions on the parent folder (the shared ... but other users have no rights. ...