Re: REWARD: Fix our SQL Server connection for $150 (CAPA)

From: Charles Collins (cj_collins@hotmail.com)
Date: 09/06/02

From: "Charles Collins" <cj_collins@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 13:01:16 -0500

If you do not have more than one instance of SQL, just use the server name
for the server property and see if that works.
Charles

"Rob Cote" <rgcote@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message

> We have wrestled with this problem long enough. If you are an expert at
> connecting to SQL Server 2000 from an ASP.NET application, then I will pay
> you $150 to make this work for our application. We will give you access to
> our server machine via a VPN and allow you to debug it. If it takes you 5
> minutes, you made great money. If it takes an hour, you've still made good
> money.
>
> We are very anxious to get this resolved. Please contact me by phone or
> email ASAP (see info at the end of the message).
>
> Here's the problem: We can connect to SQL Server 2000 just fine in our
> development set up. We cannot do so in our production set up provided by
the
> client.
>
> Here's a summary of the environments:
>
> Development environment:
> Workstation is running Visual Studio .NET and Windows 2000
Professional
> Server is running SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2000 Server
> These two machines are connected on a simple LAN
>
> Production environment:
> Single machine is running Visual Studio .NET, SQL Server 2000 and
> Windows 2000 Server
>
> The code below shows the connection string we are using for the
development
> environment and the connection string we are using for the production
> environment. In the production environment, the connection will not work.
It

'***************************************************************************
> *****
> Imports System.Data
> Imports System.Data.SqlClient
>
> Public Class CAPADatabase
>
> ' DEVELOPMENT DESKTOP USE
> 'Dim strDBConnectString As String =
"server=CONSULTING\CONSULTING_SQL;"
> & _
> ' "database=CAPASQL;" & _
> ' "user ID=DB_USER;" & _
> ' "pwd=db_user;"
>
> ' LIVE SYSTEM USE
> Dim strDBConnectString As String =
"server=MCDMSPADMIN01\MCDMSPADMIN01;"

'***************************************************************************
> *****
>
> - Rob Cote
> Director, Consulting Services
> Hands On Technology Transfer, Inc.
> (781) 272-4757
> robc@traininghott.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: curious problem in production
    ... > propagated back to the web service. ... > trying to insert into the same sql server database. ... > if it fails in calling the production environment. ...
  • Re: curious problem in production
    ... > propagated back to the web service. ... > trying to insert into the same sql server database. ... > if it fails in calling the production environment. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: curious problem in production
    ... > propagated back to the web service. ... > trying to insert into the same sql server database. ... > if it fails in calling the production environment. ...
  • Re: curious problem in production
    ... > propagated back to the web service. ... > trying to insert into the same sql server database. ... > if it fails in calling the production environment. ...
  • Re: Connection issues between .Net framwok and SQl Express 2005
    ... You will no longer need the database MDF file name in the connection string. ... simply attach the ASPNETDB.mdf to SQL Server permenantly, ... as USER INSTANCE on existing SQL Server Express, ...