Re: Windows Authentication, Custom Error Page HELP!!!!!!!!!!

From: Patrick Long (patrick.long@nospamplease_btinternet.com)
Date: 08/22/02

From: "Patrick Long" <patrick.long@nospamplease_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:04:37 +0100

>.but I need to force login each
> time the open a new browser (assuming that there are all closed).
<<
You could use Forms Authentication with non-persistent cookies. Then when
the browser closes the auth session goes.

To authenticate users against their windows credentials when using Forms
Auth get them to type in windows credentails and in your login page check
them
against Active Directory.

I have a feeling that you cannot get to the NNN.n level just to the NNN
level with custom errors

HTH

Pat

"george d lake" <georgel@valleyyellowpages.com> wrote in message
> Hi to all,
> Here is my problem.
> I need to use Windows auth for my Intranet, but I need to force login each
> time the open a new browser (assuming that there are all closed).
> Also, I need a custom Error Page (login) for Errors 401.1 and 401.2
>

> Thanks.
> George.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Substituting new Context.User.Identity for Authentication in SPS 2003
    ... MS SharePoint Portal Server does not perform authentication. ... MS SPS does perform authorization based on a Windows account presented ... Since SPS is accessed via a browser, ...
    (microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver.development)
  • Re: Soymail not working with WASD
    ... A 404 can also indicate the server account does not have permission to access the file entry in the parent directory and therefore does not 'see' it during the directory search. ... Once authentication is going I suspect we may be back to analysing the originally reported 404 error. ... WATCH is a tool that if it doesn't indicate exactly the reason for any given server behaviour usually provides a very good hint. ... which should provide you with a browser username/password dialog box requesting authentication for "SKELKEY". ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: ASP and NTFS
    ... If you are using a HTTP based authentication mechanism (eg NTLM, Basic, ... then the browser needs to send the appropriate credentials in ... > be able to redirect with the user name and password they already ...
  • Re: Forms Based Authentication and the OpenWave Browsers
    ... Try taking this redirect out of the try...catch; ... > Authentication in cookie enabled WAP browsers. ... > Samsung Browser, Forms Authentication and RedirectFromLoginPage - This is ... > Open Wave Browser and Cookies - While regression testing my new change, ...
  • Re: MAC, Safari Web Browser, and error message
    ... I can't remember the exact list but I think the only supported Mac browser ... > DEMAND to use Safari. ... > Technical inforamtion (for support personnel) ... > for topics titled About Security, Authentication, and About Custom ...