Re: Cryptography

From: Kishore Raghavan (kishorerc@hotmail.com)
Date: 08/01/02

From: "Kishore Raghavan" <kishorerc@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 19:39:47 -0700

I dont know why MS does not support any Stream Cipher. I would have hoped
them to provide implementation of the stream ciphers too. They are useful in
so many applications.

One more problem in their Cryptography is that the HashAlgorithm classes
dont have a Clone facility. This is such an important requirement in some
places like SSL.

Kishore

"Michael Howard [MS]" <mikehow@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> no, the Frameworks supports no stream-based ciphers, only block ciphers.
>
> --
> Cheers, MH

rights.
> Writing Secure Code - http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/5612.asp
>
> "Kishore" <kishorerc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know if there is an implementation class that provides RC4
> > encrytion ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kishore

Relevant Pages

  • Re: A Gathering of the Tribes Peaceful Freedom Assembly July 1st ~ 9th, 2007
    ... I do support whatever patch is involved with even if I dont agree ... posting that said "nearly consensed" has now been announced all over ... the colorado vigil as location #3 on his list of AGOTT gatherings. ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: Cant access disk of 200 GB
    ... I read another post that suggested the exteral casing also had to support ... large disks ... As I dont use external I'm only posting what was said ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Cryptography
    ... You said that SSL/TLS is supported in the .NET Framework. ... >> I dont know why MS does not support any Stream Cipher. ...
  • Re: Cryptography
    ... the .Net Frameworks supports SSL/TLS. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... > I dont know why MS does not support any Stream Cipher. ... >>> Kishore ...