<identity impersonate="true"> question

From: Dave (DaveAtHome_spam@nc.rr.com)
Date: 07/14/02

From: "Dave" <DaveAtHome_spam@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 11:01:06 -0400

I added <identity impersonate="true"> to my web.config file and was
expecting to have to add "Act as part of the OS" to the local machine's
security policy for the ASPNET user as was posted various places but in fact
did NOT have to do this for the impersonation to work. Is that not a
required action? I'm running on Windows 2000 and not Windows XP where my
understanding was that policy for ASPNET would not need to be set. There are
no users explicity added with that security right on my machine. Thanks,
Dave

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Restrict Anonymous Key
    ... It probably is configured in the security policy for the domain controllers and ... Go to Domain Controllers Security Policy/security ... equivalent to the registry setting of 1. ... We have Windows XP and Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Printing in Win98 problem
    ... I've run into a problem trying to print from vb.net in Windows ... Private Sub PrintDocument1_PrintPage(ByVal sender as System.Object, ... or use the Microsoft .NET security policy administration ... PDF printing driver. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Windows 2000 Password message
    ... security policy - domain/OU under security settings/local policies/security ... This is a very specific question about the Swedish version of Windows 2000 ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: LocalService and NetworkService System Accounts