secondary thread

From: Curt Mc Gee (curt.mc.gee@lee.net)
Date: 07/12/02

From: "Curt Mc Gee" <curt.mc.gee@lee.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 07:35:59 -0700

I've been running into the same situation. I've tried
just about everything I've found in different books and
websites, nothing yet seems to resolve this second thread
problem. Have you found a solution yet?
ASP.NET app. The
>app uses read/write access to the registry. Calls to
write to the registry
>succeeed in the main thread, but when I start a secondary
thread from the
>main thread, I lose write access. I checked the Windows
principal on both
>threads and they are the same. What could have caused
the permissions to
>tighten for the second thread?
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Getting a new form to do events on separate thread
    ... the app will have a second thread when the second instance is created, ... because my application is running a blocking Application.Runon it. ... open anther form and get it to expoit that same blocking message loop? ...
  • Re: secondary thread
    ... I even tried getting a pointer to the token in the main thread and then ... do since the user cannot multitask in a web app like he can in a windows ... nothing yet seems to resolve this second thread ...
  • CF 2.0 : How to exit the application from a separate thread ?
    ... One of this forms use a background process to perform some operations. ... process is in a second thread, in order to display the user a progress bar. ... How can I close the app? ... to "return" a boolean to tell the app to close. ...
  • Re: Menu browsing pauses application
    ... > I have a VB6 application and when running it I notice the following: ... Is there a way have the app proceed until a (sub- ... > though I have DoEvents loaded througout the app. ... get a second thread going. ...
  • Re: Problem Closing Documents (CMDIFrameWnd::OnUpdateFrameTitle)
    ... The second thread sends private messages to the main ... Information needed by the main app to do its work (ex. ... avoid the kind of problem I am dealing with. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)