HELP : Web Service Impersonating

From: Steve Warne (stevew@cimage.com)
Date: 07/05/02

From: "Steve Warne" <stevew@cimage.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 09:44:20 +0100

Hi,

We currently have a ASP.NET (VB.NET) Web Service that uses a our own .NET
classes
dll, which in turn talks to a COM DLL.

This COM DLL talks to our servers. As long as the server is on the same
machine as the
Web Services machine, everythings fine. If its not, the COM DLL is failing
to write to a
network resource.

I can write to this network resource over a UNC share, but NOT using the COM
DLL.

All I want this service to do is be able to use this DLL to do its job, no
extra
security, just impersonating a user is enough.

Current settings are:

- IIS Anonymous user is <MACHINE>\ASPNET which I have granted "Act as
part of the
     Operating system" privilege.
- <identity impersonate="true" userName="<DOMAIN>\<user> password="***"
/> is
     setup in the web.config file
- In machine.config, comImpersonationLevel="Impersonate" is set
- Anonymous acces is On, as is Integrated Windows Authentication

It still fails to write to the directory, any ideas?

Thanks

Steve