HELP : Web Service Impersonating

From: Steve Warne (stevew@cimage.com)
Date: 07/05/02

From: "Steve Warne" <stevew@cimage.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 09:44:20 +0100

Hi,

We currently have a ASP.NET (VB.NET) Web Service that uses a our own .NET
classes
dll, which in turn talks to a COM DLL.

This COM DLL talks to our servers. As long as the server is on the same
machine as the
Web Services machine, everythings fine. If its not, the COM DLL is failing
to write to a
network resource.

I can write to this network resource over a UNC share, but NOT using the COM
DLL.

All I want this service to do is be able to use this DLL to do its job, no
extra
security, just impersonating a user is enough.

Current settings are:

- IIS Anonymous user is <MACHINE>\ASPNET which I have granted "Act as
part of the
     Operating system" privilege.
- <identity impersonate="true" userName="<DOMAIN>\<user> password="***"
/> is
     setup in the web.config file
- In machine.config, comImpersonationLevel="Impersonate" is set
- Anonymous acces is On, as is Integrated Windows Authentication

It still fails to write to the directory, any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Internal access modifier is not working the way I thought it would.
    ... that DLL as a reference and use that class / method / field / etc. ... The programmers I'm referring to, I have never met, ... there is no way to include the web service in the DLL that I want to ... within the AccessUtils web service. ...
  • Re: Internal access modifier is not working the way I thought it would.
    ... I'm perfectly willing to let the DLL access the web service. ... within the AccessUtils web service. ... instantiate methods and forms from ProvideWorkFlow, ...
  • RE: Strategies for Web Service to Unmanaged DLL
    ... third-party, unmanaged DLL. ... a function ) in this third-party DLL which will return ... back to us a double number which we will return from our web service. ... This way this windows service can be around at web server ...
  • Re: Integrating with legacy code
    ... Removed nochkclr.obj as a linker input ... Extention DLL. ... access them from within the web service, ... >order to add managed code to it: ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Custom classes with web services
    ... I also have a Windows app that will reference a couple of web services. ... Each web service references the .dll to get the user class. ...