Why i can't get the shared network printer in aps.net codes??

From: peter (pey9076@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/20/02

From: "peter" <pey9076@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:29:22 +0800

Hi,

In my web server, there is a web application.It will realize the following
functionalities:
Call the local COM methods to print the report.

I have printed out the report if i choose a local printer. But, my real
purpose is what i
want the report to be printed out in another print server. Both the print
server and the
web server are in same network and i have added a shared printer into the
web server from
the printer server.

But , my web application couldn't identify the shared network printer, it
could just identify
the local actual printer.

I created 2 programs under the vs.net for testing: one is windows
application and
another is web application.

In the windows application, All printers installed in my machine will be
gotted.
But in the web application, I can just get the local printers and not get
the shared
network printers.

So,I think that maybe the web server is not able to access to another
machine
because of the network access rights.

Any help, tips, links are very appreciated !

Thanks in advance.

Peter
pey9076@hotmail.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Crystal Reports for VS 2005 Error on Print
    ... directories on your web server. ... The report previews fine, but clicking the embedded ... "HTTP 403.1 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden ... crTables = crDatabase.Tables; ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • CR - Memory problem
    ... When i am running the report, ... The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.  Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. ... An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.crystal)
  • Report Problem with VS2005 and IIS
    ... When I view my report using the Embedded web server in VS 2005 it works ... But the same source running on my IIS6 server displays intially with ... "A data source instance has not been supplied for the data source " until I ... cause a postback on the report, then it loads correctly from there on out. ...
  • Re: unwanted graphic on desktop
    ... | The graphic appears to be a part of a web server page. ... FireWall to enable WGET.EXE to download the needed McAfee related files. ... It is suggested that you move the report out of c:\mcafee before performing another scan. ... Please Copy and Paste the contents of the HTML Log file; ...
  • HTML Template File Name Question
    ... results with an HTML template, and store the results. ... to specify a path to our intranet Web server as a URL, ... it simply outputs the report without it. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.macros)