Re: ASP .Net ID and DCOM object creation on remote COM+ server

From: Arild Bakken (arildb_@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/06/02

From: "Arild Bakken" <arildb_@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:22:07 +0200

Hi,

I've been facing almost the same situation. I still haven't found any good
solution.

But, why is a domain account not desireable? Creating a domain acconut with
only the permissions that it will need shouldn't pose too much of a security
issue. What are your concerns about this - I would really like to know
before I use that as the solution to my problem.

Arild

"Michael" <mwpeters@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> We are implementing a solution where a web server will be runing an
> ASP .Net app and will need to instantiate a DCOM object on a remote
> server. The problem currently is that the site is running under the
> ASPNet ID and thus is not authenticateable by the remote server...thus
> it can not use the remote object.
>
> The current ideas we have had so far are:
> 1. Run the site under a domain account. This is not desireable.
> 2. Write a small class to impersonate a domain account before
> creating the DCOM object. Easy, but does not seem like the right
> answer.
> 3. Set the password on ASPNET ID. Setup the same ID and password on
> the remote machine. We wonder if this will create a maintenance
> issue.
> 4. Wait for IIS 6...not an option due to it being so far out.
>
> Any comments or ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Michael

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The system cannot log you on - domain is not available
    ... The Windows XP Pro laptop was configured and joined to my ... I've checked and neither Remote Assistance nor Remote ... the domain account he gets the messsage below. ...
  • Re: Copy file to remote PC
    ... You need to run your program in a domain account with appropriate privileges to access the remote share. ... If you don't run in a domain account, you will have to create a logon session ) and impersonate a domain account. ... For instance when you issue following command: ...
  • ASP .Net ID and DCOM object creation on remote COM+ server
    ... We are implementing a solution where a web server will be runing an ... ASP .Net app and will need to instantiate a DCOM object on a remote ... ASPNet ID and thus is not authenticateable by the remote server...thus ... Write a small class to impersonate a domain account before ...
  • Re: Copy file to remote PC
    ... Don't know what RPC has to do with this. ... You need to run your program in a domain account with appropriate privileges ... In your program all you need to do is specify the UNC path of the remote ... For instance when you issue following command (from the command line or by ...
  • When using Windows Remote Desktop
    ... use that to remote in via Windows Remote Desktop to another machine, ... for the browsing also show up from the machine they are logging into as their ... domain account or will it just show up in the generic local admin account? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)