Known vulnerabilities of V6 UNIX (1975)

I am currently doing some research on the security of the (historic) Sixth Edition UNIX (V6). I am looking for known security bugs. Unfortunately information on 35 year old bugs is very hard to come by. I found some remarks on the "famous V6 UNIX login bug" (a buffer overflow in the password prompt of login.c). But this seems to be fixed in the available sources and there is no further explanation on how this worked exactly. (What did the original code before the fix look like?)

Does anyone remember the V6 system and can provide some information on security relevant bugs, possibly with proof of concept code?

Relevant Pages