Re: Method to track command execution

"Darryl Bach" <dbach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hello Again:
Is there a method to monitor command execution in Red Hat Enterprise?
Whenever I issue hostname or mkdir for instance I'm getting Segmentation
Fault echo'd to the screen. Also whenever I request man on something it
hangs, (I thought it might be TERM related but did an export TERM and
changed it) with the same results.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Darryl

strace.
But that will probably not help much. If your system is seg faulting, then
it is some serious internal problems. It will either be bad memory ( run
memtest for a while to see if it finds faults) or corrupt installation, or
some hacker broke in and replaced crucial system files.
The solution for the first is to buy good memory. For the second and third,
reinstall.

  • Re: Constant segmentation faults with freebsd 6.1-release and -stable
    ... Also any good ACPI hardware sensor info. ... but segmentation means memory. ... I'm trying to narrow it down to a hardware fault or a 6x fault. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Stack overflow..
    ... even if u overwrite it and get segmentation fault.. ... memory after functin ends, gives u SEG FAULT.. ... or your code is trying to access memory that is not on stack and is on ... but can writing to stack area may lead to segmentation fault. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: Stack overflow..
    ... even if u overwrite it and get segmentation fault.. ... memory after functin ends, gives u SEG FAULT.. ... or your code is trying to access memory that is not on stack and is on ... we write on to the stack then can it generate me SEGMENTATION FAULT ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: Segmentation fault..
    ... "segmentation fault". ... The reason is that the process tries to write to a memory address it ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Panic: Kernel page fault with ath0_com_lock held, r211295
    ... Kernel page fault with the following non-sleepable locks held: ... Physical memory: 2031 MB ... Loaded symbols for /boot/kernel/tmpfs.ko ... data packets ...
    (freebsd-current)