Re: Method to track command execution

"Darryl Bach" <dbach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hello Again:
Is there a method to monitor command execution in Red Hat Enterprise?
Whenever I issue hostname or mkdir for instance I'm getting Segmentation
Fault echo'd to the screen. Also whenever I request man on something it
hangs, (I thought it might be TERM related but did an export TERM and
changed it) with the same results.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Darryl

strace.
But that will probably not help much. If your system is seg faulting, then
it is some serious internal problems. It will either be bad memory ( run
memtest for a while to see if it finds faults) or corrupt installation, or
some hacker broke in and replaced crucial system files.
The solution for the first is to buy good memory. For the second and third,
reinstall.

.