Re: Direct calculation of Primes - Possible?

dave <daf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Marc Espie <espie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <FbqdneJ-E53jKZ7bnZ2dnUVZ_oGlnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
dave <daf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just listened to McCanney's March 22 radio show. McCanney claims that
the prime numbers form an infinite closed group with the group operator
being simple addition.

5 + 3 = 8

obviously false...

Dave, stop acting like an idiot.

Marc,

5 is not a 'perfect number' as would be computed by McCanney's generator
function. I assume from your wrong example that you have not yet read
McCanney's book.

Then he has not idea what a group is.
A group is a set with an operation, which takes pairs of members into
anothe member. and such that the inverse exists.
Since the primes are a group, and addition is the operation, that operation
must take an arbitrary pair of members ( 3 and 5 are both primes) into
another member (8).
I am afraid that either you ro McCanney or both is the idiot.

  • Re: Memories of BoaterDave from 2006
    ... the never ending battle against malware and their ne’er do well authors. ... Dave section members are highly compensated. ... Future unauthorized posts as follows will render ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: IJA Passions
    ... Dave D., why the negative implication about Eric's training/education as a ... IJA to ignore the vote of its members?" ... If you think that the IJA bylaws actually states that the ...
    (rec.juggling)
  • Re: New IJA Board Extends Expulsion
    ... suffering to any IJA members. ... and put this matter behind me. ... Sad news indeed, dave... ... (that's supposed to render assistance to fellow jugglers) ...
    (rec.juggling)
  • Re: anybody post a FAQ for this group?
    ... health issues of a few members who have too much time on their hands, ... Then Dave Ruff's cover will be blown. ... for "Sucker Bait Junkies" like you, Tim, Doug, Dave Smith and even Scott. ... Oh yes, Scott, he was the original "Thread Hijacker" that I had to deal with ...
    (misc.transport.trucking)
  • Re: IJA Passions
    ... dave wrote: ... Regardless this whole legalistic argument is a red herring; ... If the IJA Board will openly declare that the members ...
    (rec.juggling)