Re: Direct calculation of Primes - Possible?

Marc Espie <espie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <FbqdneJ-E53jKZ7bnZ2dnUVZ_oGlnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
dave <daf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just listened to McCanney's March 22 radio show. McCanney claims that
the prime numbers form an infinite closed group with the group operator
being simple addition.

5 + 3 = 8

obviously false...

Dave, stop acting like an idiot.

Marc,

5 is not a 'perfect number' as would be computed by McCanney's generator
function. I assume from your wrong example that you have not yet read
McCanney's book.

  • Re: Direct calculation of Primes - Possible?
    ... the prime numbers form an infinite closed group with the group operator ... Dave, stop acting like an idiot. ... The generation of batches of prime numbers using McCanney's algorithm ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Direct calculation of Primes - Possible?
    ... the prime numbers form an infinite closed group with the group operator ... Dave, stop acting like an idiot. ... The generation of batches of prime numbers using McCanney's algorithm ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Direct calculation of Primes - Possible?
    ... dave writes: ... the prime numbers form an infinite closed group with the group operator ... McCanney also claims that the primes are ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Direct calculation of Primes - Possible?
    ... the prime numbers form an infinite closed group with the group operator ... Dave, stop acting like an idiot. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Direct calculation of Primes - Possible?
    ... |>>>the prime numbers form an infinite closed group with the group operator ... |>> Dave, ... I admit that posting about this subject is like throwing pearls at ...
    (comp.security.unix)