Authentication architecture on a Unix Network

Hi,
Until now we always used authentication again local /etc/passwd file
for our Unix servers.
We have about 300 machines of different OS, Sun, HP, AIX and some Linux
We would like to centralize all this part of authentication.
We do not would like to use NIS,NIS+
All recommendations, advices, links are welcome.
What I'm interested is on a centralized architecture. As the principle
of ActiveDirectory on Windows domain
Thank you

  • Re: Sun One Webserver 6.1 with openLDAP client auth crashes
    ... The Sun One webserver will load nss_ldap.so.1 from /usr/lib if it ... the PADL nss_ldap for proper ssh, ftp authentication. ... The solution that I implemented was to modify the server startup so ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • Re: Sun One Webserver 6.1 with openLDAP client auth crashes
    ... The Sun One webserver will load nss_ldap.so.1 from /usr/lib if it ... the PADL nss_ldap for proper ssh, ftp authentication. ... The solution that I implemented was to modify the server startup so ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Solaris 10 Kerberos broken?
    ... > I've done everything in the Sun manuals and cross referenced it with ... contacted Sun support? ... > authentication, failing. ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Proxy with Sun Java
    ... My proxy server requires authentication. ... Is there some way I can automatically authenticate Sun Java? ...
    (comp.lang.java)
  • [Fwd: Solaris 10 LDAP login Authentication]
    ... Solaris 10 LDAP login Authentication ... We currently have a Sun One Directory Server 5.2 with 18,000 accounts is ... there a way to authenticate these users with their LDAP password if they ...
    (SunManagers)