Re: SFTP/SCP connection prob

Hello,

My file permission $home/.ssh/authorized_keys is 644
and dir permission for $home/.ssh is 777
myaccount is others for serverB

Here is snapshopt of log for
ssh -v -v myaccount@serverB

debug2: key: $home/.ssh/identity (0)
debug2: key: $home/.ssh/id_rsa (0)
debug2: key: $home/.ssh/id_dsa (82fd8)
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-
debug1: Trying private key: $home/.ssh/identity
debug1: Trying private key: $home/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Offering public key: $home/.ssh/id_dsa
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive
debug2: userauth_kbdint
debug2: we sent a keyboard-interactive packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug1: Next authentication method: password
myaccount@serverB's password:

Regards

Umesh

Bill Seligman wrote:
umesh wrote:

I want to connect Server A (linux server) & Server B (linux server)
which only supports SFTP/SCP protocal from server C (unix server)

I did the setup as per step given in thread "How to setup STFP in
solaris 8"

i copied "authorized_keys" in .ssh folder of $HOME in Server A & B

and now i can connect server A from server C without password prompt
but not able to connect server B from server C without password prompt

Is anybody know any reason for this ?

You may want to check that server B has the following set in its
/etc/ssh/sshd_config file:

PubkeyAuthentication yes
AuthorizedKeysFile .ssh/authorized_keys

If server A permits public-key authentication, and server B does not,
that would explain the difference.

You may also want to check the permissions of $HOME/.ssh on server B.
If .ssh is group- or world-readable, sshd won't use its contents.

As a diagnostic, you can also compare the output of the following
commands on server C:

ssh -v -v myaccount@serverA
ssh -v -v myaccount@serverB

If either of the suggestions I just made is correct, then you'll see the
difference in the double-verbose debug outputs.

  • Re: problem with HostbasedAuthentication
    ... I may have missed some of the details, so I apologize if this has been covered, but if you want to do a host-based authentication, the SSH config's (client and server). ... debug3: Wrote 48 bytes for a total of 1063 ... debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,hostbased ...
    (SSH)
  • SSH and LDAP
    ... We are installing an LDAP server for AIX and Solaris login ... "Too many authentication failures for " ... debug1: ssh_rsa_verify: signature correct ... debug3: preferred publickey,keyboard-interactive,password ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • LDAP and OpenSSH
    ... We are installing an LDAP server for AIX and Solaris login ... "Too many authentication failures for " ... debug1: ssh_rsa_verify: signature correct ... debug3: preferred publickey,keyboard-interactive,password ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Trouble with OpenSSH 3.4p1 - Cant connect with an RSA key pair
    ... >> I have a computer functioning as a server using RedHat 8.0 with OpenSSH ... I am experiencing a similar problem using passkey authentication with the ... < debug2: bits set: 1604/3191 ... < debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa blen 149 ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: How safe are FTP servers?
    ... decent server software with a good track record, ... that rsync can run transparently over a few protocols, including SSH ... Just to clarify, rsync uses it's own rsync protocol over SSH, stuffed ... server if you then use something like Basic HTTP authentication as well - ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)