Re: TCP Wrappers not behaving as expected...

Casper H.S. Dik wrote:
base60 <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Casper H.S. Dik wrote:
all mail refused <elvis-85383@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Are you using IPv6? I see you quoted a "tcp6" line from inetd.conf .
Has inetd been signalled to re-read the file sufficiently recently?
tcp6 allows for both IPv4 and IPv6 connections on Solaris.
(The socket is a V6 socket but a connecting V4 address shows up
as a V4 mapped address).

The standard Solaris tcp wrappers can deal with both IPv4 and IPv6
connections on either type of endpoint.

From the OP:

"I have a solaris machine with tcp wrappers on it. I've compiled it
from source."

The implication is an older version of solaris, correct?

Not necessarily; but I suppose I should have read the whole
thread; he would have needed to compile the "ipv6" version
available from the standard locations.

I suppose you could build the it from source on a current
version of solaris, but I can't think of any reason for it
since, as you indicated, it comes with the OS.

His building the source was the reason for my comment
regarding the correct version. If the one he built
did not have IPV6 support, I believe he would see what
he was describing.
.