Re: SECURITY/ C++/ UNIX/ CONTRACT/ CA

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.security.unix, in article
<9WJCg.6350$xp2.2496@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robert Melson wrote:

With hundreds, maybe even thousands, of groups with the telltale word "jobs"
in their titles, you have to spam a discussion group?

Oh, but he _did_ spam the jobs groups as well.

ENCRYPTION/ C-C++/ CONTRACT/ CA "OMNI GROUP" <tgugger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 11:49:28 -0400
<44da03c3$0$23733$a82e2bb9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ca.jobs, wa.jobs, az.jobs, tx.jobs, tx.jobs.offered

SECURITY/ C++/ LINUX/ CONTRACT/ CA "OMNI GROUP" <tgugger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:08:13 -0400
<44db3d85$0$23764$a82e2bb9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
comp.os.linux.security

SECURITY/ C++/ UNIX/ CONTRACT/ CA "OMNI GROUP" <tgugger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:10:38 -0400
<44db3e17$0$23729$a82e2bb9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
comp.security.unix

SECURITY/ C++/ ENCRYPTION/ CONTRACT/ CA "OMNI GROUP" <tgugger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:09:57 -0400
<44db3dee$0$23772$a82e2bb9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
comp.security.misc

A good indicator that you are not somebody with whom to do business.

] If interested and qualified, email resume to: stupid.spammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hitting google, the telephone number seems to show up in spams all over
Usenet. I don't know if this is a joe-job or not (I don't think so, as it's
been going on for months), but Omnigroup is on our "do not use" list for
"other" reasons.

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 820 for 419-537-9447. (0.45 seconds)

It's amazing how incredibly stupid some spammers can be. This guy seems
to have a history of spamming technical newsgroups. People looking for a
job need only hit google, and look to see if the spammer (like this klown)
has a history - and then avoid them to avoid ruining their own chances.
Yes, we do toss applicants who use spammer pimps.

Old guy

  • Re: Pishing mails on the increase? [OT]
    ... In the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.misc, ... Spam wasn't ... >munged and is certainly contained on any spammer DVD starting ... >they'd never ever send a mail asking for passwords/etc ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Wastewater Bids | Water Treatment Supplies | Water Treatment Jobs | Design Build Contracts
    ... There is no "email list" This is a Usenet newsgroup. ... Quoting all the spam makes you a spammer too. ...
    (rec.arts.theatre.stagecraft)
  • Re: Linux
    ... On Sat, 11 Jul 2009, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux, in article ... I don't think they would appreciate a spammer any more than any of ... the Linux groups the spam was posted to. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Spam to list participants (from openhosting.com & softcom.com)
    ... But what's more interesting, is my spam messages didn't contain any links to go somewhere else, although I'm sure if I replied, those links would be on their way. ... I have identified the spammer in question, a citizen of Bangladesh, ... who _post_ to various FreeBSD mailing lists, and not to any of the ... In making a determination as to wether or not a given hosting provider ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: block_ssh_guessers
    ... zombies on wide bandwidth hookups - such as windoze boxes on ... titled "A day in the life of a spammer" (don't know if it's still at ... indicating that was a main mechanism for _mail_ delivery of spam. ... means following the registrations of the sites being advertised. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)