Black Hat Federal and Europe CFP and Registration now open

From: Black Hat Announcements info)
Date: 11/04/05

    Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 12:42:21 -0800

    Things have been busy at Black Hat, and I would like to make some brief
    announcements about our Call For Papers (CFP), Registration, Pod casts,
    and legal battles.

    BLACK HAT FEDERAL 2006 Trainings and Briefings
    January 23rd to the 26th Sheraton Crystal City, Washington D.C.
    - Call For Papers is now open.
    - Registration for the Trainings and Briefings are open.

    BLACK HAT EUROPE 2006 Trainings and Briefings
    February 28th to March 3rd Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky, Amsterdam, the
    Netherlands
    - Call For Papers is now open.
    - Registration for the Trainings and Briefings are open.

    BLACK HAT RSS FEED
    The RSS feed from Black Hat can be used to keep you up to date with
    announcements, presentations, and new speech content. Check it out:
    http://www.blackhat.com/BlackHatRSS.xml

    BLACK HAT JAPAN 2005 PODCASTS
    The presentations from the recent Black Hat Japan Briefings are now
    on-line. We are also experimenting with new ways to share our content with
    the community, and the first of these is to release some of the audio
    recordings as “pod casts” in .m4a format through our RSS feed.

    BLACK PAGE UPDATE
    Early next week you will see my first written statement regarding the
    Cisco/ISS incident that occurred at the summer Black Hat in Las Vegas. The
    issues brought up last summer are important to the entire security
    community and I invite the community to read and reflect on my thoughts,
    as well as those of other security experts.
    http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-blackpage/bh-blackpage.html

    IN MORE DETAIL:

    FEDERAL 2006 CALL FOR PAPERS
    Black Hat is proud to return to Washington D.C. after its last Briefings
    in 2003. For 2006 there will be expanded training offerings, focused
    presentations, and a convenient central location two metro stops from the
    Pentagon.

    Black Hat Federal 2006 is a unique show specifically crafted to look at
    issues important to those charged with protecting critical networks and
    information from the most sophisticated adversaries. Submissions should be
    very technical and specific to threats and defenses that surround the
    challenging security problems facing hosts and networks today. We hope to
    offer a federal perspective on security issues and new directions to
    further security trade craft.

    The Federal Government faces different threat models than the corporate
    community, with adversaries having different motivations, resources, and
    tools. Submissions should reflect this difference, with suggested topics
    including the current state of root kits and their detection, network IDS
    evasion & detection, covert communications, reverse engineering /
    anti-reverse engineering, defeating biometric systems, and the current
    state of the exploit development life cycle.
    http://blackhat.com/html/bh-federal-06/bh-fed-06-cfp.html

    BLACK HAT FEDERAL 2006 REGISTRATION
    Black Hat Federal 2006 Briefings and Trainings registration is now open.
    The Briefings offer two tracks over two days with 22 presentations. There
    will be 11 Trainings classes, with new offerings such as Saumil Shah's
    "The Exploit Laboratory - Buffer Overflows For Beginners," and Matt
    Hargett's "Binary Static Analysis: From the Inside-Out." Class sizes for
    all trainings are limited to ensure each student receives individual
    attention.
    Register early before classes fill up and to receive an early discount.
    http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-registration/bh-registration.html#Fed

    EUROPE 2006 CALL FOR PAPERS
    The Black Hat Briefings 2006 Europe CFP is opened. Submit your cutting
    edge, vendor neutral security research today. Black Hat Europe '06 takes
    place February 28th to March 3rd at the Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky,
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
    http://blackhat.com/html/bh-europe-06/bh-eu-06-cfp.html

    BLACK HAT EUROPE 2006 REGISTRATION OPEN
    Black Hat Europe 2006 Briefings and Trainings registration is now open.
    The Briefings offer two tracks over two days with 25 presentations. There
    will be 10 Training classes with new offerings and an updated SensePost
    class "Hacking by Numbers: Combat Edition." Due to limited class size,
    many of our classes fill up quickly. Register early to ensure training
    availability and to take advantage of our early bird registration discount.
    http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-registration/bh-registration.html#eu

    WHAT IS THE BLACK HAT BRIEFINGS?
    The Black Hat Briefings fill the need for computer security professionals
    to better understand the security risks and potential threats to their
    information infrastructures and computer systems. Black Hat accomplishes
    this by assembling a group of vendor-neutral security professionals and
    having them present candidly about the problems businesses face and their
    solutions to those problems. No gimmicks - just straight talk by people
    who make it their business to explore the ever-changing security space.

    IMPORTANT DATES
    - January 23-26: Federal Briefings 2006 & Training, Sheraton Crystal City,
    Washington, DC
    - February 28-March 3: Europe 2006 Briefings & Training, Grand Hotel
    Krasnapolsky, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    - July 29-August 3: USA 2006 Briefings & Training, Caesars Palace, Las
    Vegas

    Please visit http://www.blackhat.com/ for more complete information.

    Jeff Moss