Re: How automatically to number all the files of a repertory

From: Bit Twister (BitTwister_at_mouse-potato.com)
Date: 09/30/05

    Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:33:02 -0500

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:24:21 +0200, guytou77 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > How to make automatically to number by a SHELL script all the files present
    > in the repertory "/home/toto/"?

    I would use find amd mv myself.

    man find
    man mv

    Some light reading found here, http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/index.html

    Example usages found here

    key word(s) in the first box
    *linux* in Newsgroup box. You need to use the two
                            asterisks around linux, pick English

    If you want/need more control over the first box search,
    http://www.google.com/help/refinesearch.html

    • [opensuse] selecting atlantis screen saver on 11.2 box locks it up
      ... Just installed 11.2 on an AMD box with a gigabyte motherboard and ... after I went into Control Center -> Screen Saver and then ... buttons no longer worked so I couldn't select another screen saver. ... AMD Motherboard ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Writing Shell script to interactively control another shell script??
      ... Say you want to write a shell script to control another simple menu ... script only with out modifying the original shell script??? ... one or more function libraries that implement rudimentary IPC ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • Re: AMD assembly level?
      ... > So is AMD has any other benefit of I/O control? ... > ATA harddisk, intel or amd better? ... memory access, (so memory is accessed via the Northbridge or MCH in Intel ...
      (alt.lang.asm)
    • Re: Where do I stang legaly with faulty goods I hve?
      ... After replacing Nick Le Lievre with a small shell script on Saturday 15 ... the following appeared on stdout: ... She took control of the entire issue and ended a ...
      (uk.comp.vendors)
    • Re: Drakma for web scraping
      ... I checked up on that link, yet it didn't cooperate. ... Yet when I removed the secure http ... Maybe a simple shell script containing ... to control, I would be more likely to use a "script" approach rather ...
      (comp.lang.lisp)