Re: FIDO service

From: David Magda (dmagda+trace050401_at_ee.ryerson.ca)
Date: 08/30/05

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:23:08 -0400

"ray_da" <rayo.dalal@gmail.com> writes:

> Could someone please explain to me what the FIDO(port 6119 i
> think!!) service in unix/linux derivatives does/is used for??

According to the IANA that port is not officially assigned:

Is there any "fido" package that is installed on your computer that
could need it?

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>

  • Re: ports/126853: ports-mgmt/portaudit: speed up audit of installed packages
    ... I think it won't be very hard: I'll try to see how to extend portaudit ... port sources to give the port version that includes both mentioned ... Affected package: ruby-1.8.6.111_4,1 ... Download is made in the mirror mode, ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: Strange capture of my eth0 interface.
    ... but I doubt if there is any connection. ... so I did a fresh install. ... > then seeing that the package manager does indeed detect the switch - don't ... > Port numbers are like telephones. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: amd64 questions
    ... so if you want to install a 64 bit package ... install of a 32-bit pkg with its dependencies. ... them (ie libraries in /usr/lib32). ... have a broken copy of the tarball the port is using. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: amd64 questions
    ... amd64 object files. ... so if you want to install a 64 bit package ... My copy of the port sets that for amd64 already. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: Do VPN connections effectively bypass Firewalls?
    ... Destination port: 80 ... Where the internal IP would be NAT'd by the firewall ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)