How does mozilla store passwords on Unix

vichoty_at_gmail.com
Date: 08/26/05

    Date: 25 Aug 2005 23:43:37 -0700

    Hi,

    Any documentation/info on how browsers like Mozilla store passwords on
    Unix?

    I assume the passwords must be encrypted for storage, but since the the
    passwords need to be decrypted back to clear text before sending onto
    the network, I am guessing it must be maintaining a key for the
    symmetric en/decryption. Now, how would it store the key securely, I
    wonder.

    Thanks
    Victor

    • Re: How does mozilla store passwords on Unix
      ... > Any documentation/info on how browsers like Mozilla store passwords on ...
      (comp.security.unix)
    • Re: Auto Complete
      ... etc.) feature some form of remembering passwords and auto-complete. ... AutoComplete is the feature in browsers and other programs where you might ... USERNAME: johnboe ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
    • Forgot windows password; can I use 2nd HD to reset?
      ... I just got my computer (Windows 2000 Professional, ... of storage, where it's been for several months. ... I don't recall how to go about resetting the passwords. ... create an emergency-access account with administrative privelidges, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
    • Re: Forgot windows password; can I use 2nd HD to reset?
      ... of storage, where it's been for several months. ... administrator privelidges should give me access.) ... I don't recall how to go about resetting the passwords. ... create an emergency-access account with administrative privelidges, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
    • RE: ADS Password Storage Protection
      ... Passwords are stored in local SAM or Active Directory database (NTDS.DIT ... Subject: ADS Password Storage Protection ... Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice ...
      (Security-Basics)