Re: traffic encryption

From: Roman Mashak (mrv_at_tusur.ru)
Date: 08/09/05

    Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 17:48:15 +0900

    Hello, Bodo!
    You wrote on Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:41:17 +0200:

     BE> So a simple email with encryption won't do the job
    Not
     BE>>> - near realtime
     ??>> doesn't matter
     BE>>> - end-to-end-encrypted
     ??>> whar do you mean exactly?

     BE> Can you put a box in the client's network that will care about the
     BE> encryption, or are the client's networks unusted?
    We were considereing this way, but it seems to be not flexible for us now.

    With best regards, Roman Mashak. E-mail: mrv@tusur.ru

    • Re: Data Compression Before or After Encryption ?
      ... With 'unique data character' a mean a letter of the alphabet;) ... It doesn't really matter how much bits the letter takes for statistics;) ... encryption and after encryption:)) ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: Should be in crypto for criminals Re: just stupid?
      ... > It's not a matter of my winning a discussion; ... In a true, real world attack, you would be faced with cipher text only, ... messages were encrypted with the same pass phrase. ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: Right Way to Securely Store AES 256-bit Encryption Key
      ... Encryption. ... the best way to store this key to a file I am using C++. ... Nobody is going to attack AES-128 by brute force, so the issue becomes one of exposing the weaker areas in your use of AES. ... If that attack successfully exposes the key, it doesn't matter whether your key was 128 bits or 256 bits. ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: Are computer forensics people as stupid as they seem?
      ... comes to shove and your idiotic "undetectable encryption" is actually ... What you said is that you had devised a way to make encryption ... Wiped space can never pass for data, no matter what pattern of bytes it ...
      (alt.privacy)
    • Re: gotomypc reasonably safe to use?
      ... Do you understand what the term Hacking means. ... If you have the packet you ... no matter if it is encrypted or not. ... > do you understand what the word encryption means? ...
      (alt.computer.security)