SNFS/sec_rpc on Solaris 8

From: Bjorn Solberg (bs1_at_hekneby.org)
Date: 05/03/05

Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 23:52:05 GMT

I have tried to get SNFS (http://www.math.ualberta.ca/imaging/snfs/) to
run on a Solaris 8 box, but I'm stuck in that the child process dies
while starting up rpc_psrv (well, goes away anyway) while trying to
freopen() stderr to /dev/null. Judging from stepping through in a
debugger and adding debug comments, it seems to die within the freopen()
call itself (line 1493 of rpc_psrv.c, version 1.54).

Has anyone been able to use SNFS and the sec_rpc package on Solaris 8?
If so, any pointers or help is much appreciated.

The real goal here is to mount a partition from a host (also Solaris 8)
that's on the other side of a firewall, tunneling the NFS traffic
through a SSH connection. If there are other/better ways to achieve
this, I'm all ears to hear about that too.

Thank you,

Bjorn,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Installing C compiler on Solaris 7?
    ... getting the 2.95.3 version of gcc. ... >> No cuz he's stuck at Solaris 7 for whatever reason. ... >> Last time I checked Blastwave starts at 8... ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • Re: 4 GB hard constraint on a Solaris 8 server
    ... >recommended/security patch cluster for solaris 8. ... > and again it grew to about 4 GB and seemed to get stuck. ... Casper ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: 400-480MHz upgrade?
    ... On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Andy Lennard wrote: ... In this case I'm stuck ... on newer versions of Solaris shouldn't be a problem. ... It might be worth finding a spare machine, ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • Re: 400-480MHz upgrade?
    ... On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Andy Lennard wrote: ... In this case I'm stuck ... on newer versions of Solaris shouldn't be a problem. ... It might be worth finding a spare machine, ...
    (comp.sys.sun.hardware)