Re: Question

From: Bodo Eggert (7eggert_at_7eggert.dyndns.org)
Date: 02/25/05

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 22:44:59 +0100

news.vif.com <root@NoReply-AntiSpam.com> wrote:

> Prob. get flamed by IT/Unix people, but here goes
>
> I wrote a IP Scanner, nothing out their.
> You put s serious of words in text file -> does whois on the word

You might consider caching the results like in
http://7eggert.dyndns.org/~7eggert/hp/l/wcc-2005-02-25
(requires http://7eggert.dyndns.org/~7eggert/hp/l/BE-Lib.pm-2005-02-25)

> -grab ip address associated that word -> start scanning ip address and
> goes on next word (wasn't design for malicious use, just experiment.)

> Think releasing this publicly, what your thoughts.

How does it compare to nmap?

--
Top 100 things you don't want the sysadmin to say:
93. Terminated??!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Stars Supernova Genesis Beta
    ... > But consider a game where you can have only one scanner per start ... > properties of the scenario design / game setup. ... powerful scanner could be the planetary scanner (or ... > Drawing a zone and saying that being in / entering the zone triggers ...
    (rec.games.computer.stars)
  • Re: Film scanner question
    ... assuming that the A/D is the limiting component. ... noise is a major, ... Regardless of what you throw away it is always on the same end so a 16 bit scanner has those two bits in its favour for otherwise similar machines. ... success depending on the mechanical repeatability of the instrument design. ...
    (comp.periphs.scanners)
  • Re: Film scanner question
    ... It's insufferably ruder. ... noise is a major, ... Regardless of what you throw away it is always on the same end so a 16 bit scanner has those two bits in its favour for otherwise similar machines. ... success depending on the mechanical repeatability of the instrument design. ...
    (comp.periphs.scanners)
  • Re: Superior Microsoft Security
    ... design have evolved. ... If Photoshop were written so, it would be better at some things, but much worse at other. ... Photoshop is used for some very large images, and the amount of caching needed could easily become completely prohibitive even on the best modern hardware. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: parser
    ... are they designed is my question; ... A LLlexical scanner is a function like 'getSymbol' which allows ... to get the (character) input symbol by symbol. ... A recursive descend parser works similar as a scanner. ...
    (comp.programming)